Dream.

Dream.


drēm/
noun


  1. a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep.
  2. "I had a recurrent dream about falling from great heights"


Dreams can be reality, or a figure of your imagination. My dream at the moment is to go to college, get my degree, and move to california. That is what I want to do with my future. Right now, I also want to make this blog successful, and possibly make a youtube in the nearer future. I am trying my hardest to really try and keep this blog up, and also look on the bright side. Since I just started this, I know I am not going to have a lot of views right off the bat, even though I keep refreshing the page to see if there are any more. However, I do know that if I keep writing and keep my hopes up, my dream of having a successful blog will come true one day.
Since I am eighteen, and I am about to be a freshman in college, I know that my dreams of going to college and obtaining my degree is about to become a reality. This is happening to many teenagers across the country now, and/or very soon, and I want to encourage anyone who is reading this and is in that situation to push through the challenges and overcome any obstacles that may be in the way of your dreams. At this moment, I do believe going to college is for me, and that in order for me to do the things I want to do in the future, I will have to complete college. However, it may not be for everyone. College is very expensive, but that should NOT be the reason you cannot go to college. There are many different scholarship websites, scholarships through different schools, and as a last resort loans. However, there is a way for anybody to go to college, and if you believe that is what you need, you need to explore the different possibilities, and try your hardest to get to that goal.


Here are some scholarship websites that I am on personally:


There is also the FAFSA which I hope those who are going to college have already applied for.


While I said that college is what I believe is right for me, it may not be the path some want to go down. Take for instance the youtubers of Our2ndLife. Some of them went to school, and enjoyed it while they were there, but now are no longer attending and are okay. Some never went and are perfectly happy. It just depends on what you want to do with your life, because after all it is you that is living it.
Although that was a lot of talk about the reality of having a dream, there are also the ones that happen when you are sleeping. I believe these dreams can tell a lot about a person, whether they dream about being a hopeless romantic, or dreaming something that may come true in the future. However, the dreams I have are my personal getaway, something to take my mind off the stress that may have happened throughout the day. I love to sleep just to have these different experiences, because they are never the same. I would also like to say that dreams are what can make a difference in somebody’s day- whether they wake up in a good mood or a bad mood, which not only affects them for the next few hours, but also everyone around them.


While this is just my opinion, I would also like to hear yours. Leave a comment down below telling me either your perception on dreams, or one of your dreams/goals in life.


Keep Calm and Sparkle On.
-Shay

Comments

Popular Posts