Turning Twenty One.




age
āj/
noun
  1. 1.
    the length of time that a person has lived or a thing has existed.





Age is but a number. At least, that's what you generally hear when someone is in a relationship with someone who is quite older- or younger- than them. But that's not the subject of this post.

Long time no see? I say that every time I seem to remember that I have this piece of me floating around the internet.  

I always try post on here, and every time I do it, I fail to update more than once in like, a year. Which is sad. But hey, as the great Hannah Montana once said, everybody makes mistakes.


So I am here to say that I am twenty one years of age. Feels the exact same as when I was twenty, except now I can leagally drink alcohol. *insert sarcastic woo here*

It's not a big deal to me, but it seems like society makes it one. When you turn twenty one you're legally an adult so you should have a good paying job, your own house, your own car... except when you don't.

I do have a car, and I do have a job, not saying that it's not a good one but not saying it's great either. It just sucks that once you have lived on earth for a certain amount of years, everyone is just like "you should have this and should be out of your parents house" but its gotten a lot harder recently to even have a simple apartment at this age.

I do live with my grandmother, because I chose to. Once my grandfather passed, I did not want her to be alone so I stayed with her. And a lot of people look down on that. I often get asked to go out, and often decline because she is a worry wort and she will stay up until I get home. Which I appreciate.

However, I also decline going out because I simply don't like to. Call me a homebody, but I just don't enjoy nights on the town or things of that nature. I really don't even enjoy alcohol. 

Being twenty one means being an adult. Legally. And with that comes great responsibility. No pun intended. So no, I don't care for going and staying out all night drinking, when I would much rather be at home in my bed watching movies. And that's perfectly fine.

That's what I'm here for. Not judging anyone on their preferences to go out and have fun- wish I could let loose and do that sometimes myself. But for those of us who just enjoy being us, it's great.

This post has went all over the place but what I am trying to say is that I am twenty one and I am a mess. I don't know what I want to do with my life, but at this moment in time I just want to go to work, take care of me and grandma, and enjoy my YouTube and movies. And just because the government says that I am adult, I may not act like one all of the time. 

Basically this is a warm up for me to try and get back into the writing groove, and to say a happy belated birthday to myself, and to all of you guys who are legal, do you. Be you. Enjoy yourselves.



Keep Calm and Sparkle On,

-Shay

Comments

Popular Posts