timing

tim·ing

/ˈtīmiNG/


noun

  • 1.
    the choice, judgment, or control of when something should be done:



Nowadays it is so hard to go without thinking about how far along you are in life- especially since there are so many social media platforms. It just kind of seems like you can’t get away from it. 


Everyday I go on Facebook and I see that another person is pregnant, engaged, or getting their own place, and I feel like I am so far behind because I can’t see doing any of these things in the near future. 


I have been saving up to move out on my own, but due to personal reasons I am afraid that I will get my hopes up for no reason, as I have been let down so many times in the past. 


Both of my high school best friends that I am still in touch with are moving out in the next few months, hell the next few days for one of them. And I don’t know whether or not I am jealous or what. I am so so happy for them but its always in the back of my head, a little voice saying “when is it going to be my turn?”


And that is okay. I know that everyone has their own timeline, and like relationships, that perfect person will show up one day. So will that job, in the city that you are meant to be in.

So now I have got to learn not to think of it as being why not me? But more of what am I doing to help myself get to that point?


I am going back to school in September to get my Masters degree to hopefully help me secure a good job in the future. I want to say no, it isn’t all about money, but there is also nothing wrong with wanting a better future.


Now, the reason I called this timing is because I need to understand myself, that things happen for a reason, at different times for different people. I may not be ready for something that my friend is, or vice versa. Timing is something that sometimes we don’t have control over, and we need to stop letting that take the forefront, and take care of the things we do have control over.


There is always going to be someone out there that is doing what you think you should be doing at that time, and you will see it. But instead of letting it get you down, you need to look at it as a push to get to where you want to be. 


Look at it not as a challenge, but as encouragement. As long as you keep your head down and work towards it, you will achieve your goals. 


I need to practice what I preach. 


Keep Calm and Sparkle On,


Shayla

Comments

Popular Posts